See information from Bristol City Council which includes a video of The Mayor's Message which invites mutual aid groups or people wanting to help to register through the council. There is an explanation of the community group network which is now offering all kinds of services to help people who are self-isolating and are unable to collect essentials. There is also some advice on registering to volunteer to help others. Help and advice when receiving or giving support in the community Guidance for Volunteers CanDo Bristol
You can get help with your shopping, collecting medicine or other needs from ACORN https://acorntheunion.org.uk/about/ and Mutual Aid (open map and there is a area list) See Covid-19 Mutual Aid Group map to find help in your area
If you live in Bristol and have no internet access then you can use these numbers for Bristol help.
ACORN : 07432473293.
MUTUAL AID : 0794 223 5750
HOW THE COVID-19 VOLUNTARY AID SYSTEM WORKS
- Call the number
- An ACORN member of staff or MUTUAL AID volunteer will ask you first for a name and phone number, what neighbourhood you live in, and a postcode.
- You will be asked what kind of support is needed (food/supplies delivery etc.) and how to pay if payment is necessary (bank transfer, cash, can't currently afford etc.).
- All this information will then be passed on to one of the volunteers who will then contact you by phone to double check what you need and to deliver any support.
- The only info on the FB page will be asking for a volunteer willing to help and the postcode and what the need is. NO PERSONAL INFO WILL BE ON PUBLIC VIEW.
- There is no face to face contact involved and anything that needs delivering will be left on the doorstep (or somewhere else) for them to collect.
- They have provided safeguarding guidance for volunteers but no DBS.