People bereaved by sudden death are in shock, grieving and have often witnessed or suffered a traumatic event. They may be isolated. They may be facing many immediate, practical challenges that are bewildering and overwhelming.
Sudden is a charitable initiative for suddenly bereaved people and the people caring for them. Their mission is to ease the suffering of people bereaved by any kind of sudden death.
They achieve their mission through helping people who are suddenly bereaved, and helping the people who care for them.
Sudden say that helping people to help themselves, through early, supportive and practical support, can reduce the chance of people developing long term chronic conditions such as Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
They deliver their work by:
- Providing advice on coping with a sudden bereavement
- Offering specialist support at this time for people bereaved by COVID-19
- Support literature for bereaved adults and children
- Free bulletins for professionals
- Online guidance for carers
- Papers and reports for professionals
- Seminars, training and webinars