Note Taker volunteer
Volunteer opportunity: Bristol Area Patient Participation Group Forum Meeting Note Taker
We have a new opportunity for a volunteer note taker to support our Bristol Area Lead by taking notes at the Bristol area Patient Participation Group (PPG) Forum meetings which take place currently on Zoom. The meetings are held every 2 months, on a Wednesday evening from 6-7.30pm. The next meeting is on 2nd February.
Background to the PPG Forum
Bristol Healthwatch set up the PPG forum to enable the PPG meeting Chairs and meeting members of 41 GP practices across Bristol to share information. Each practice must contractually have a patient representative group and this forum helps them to link in with each other. Guest speakers are also invited to the meetings to give relevant presentations about health and social care matters to the group.
The role includes:
- Either attending the meeting and note taking, or transcribing notes from the meeting recording following the meeting, if this is easier or if attendance at a meeting is not possible
- Reliably typing up notes and returning them to the meeting Chair within 7 days of the meeting
- Being fully supported in the role by the Healthwatch Bristol Area Lead
This is a friendly meeting, enabling the note taker to feel part of the group, join in with the discussions and learn about patient's views of health services in Bristol. There is also an option to just note take from the meeting recording and not actually attend the meeting, if this is preferred.
If you would like to find out more about this role, and have any questions answered, Julie Bird - Bristol Area Lead, can be contacted on tel: 07944 369180 or by email: email@example.com.
If you wish to apply directly, please complete the attached application form and equality and diversity monitoring form and email it to the Volunteer Co-ordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking for someone who is able to commit to this volunteer role for a minimum of 6 months.
The closing date for this role is: Wednesday 26 January at 5pm.
Why volunteer with us?
- Make a difference in your local community by giving people the opportunity to speak up about their health and social care
- Make new friends as you become part of the Healthwatch team
- Boost your CV as you develop new skills and confidence in the workplace
- Use your skills to contribute to the success of Healthwatch across the area.