Coronavirus (COVID-19): what you need to know
Latest advice from central government and the NHS, and changes to our services
Stay at home
- Only go outside for food, health reasons or work (where this absolutely cannot be done from home)
- Stay 2 metres (6ft) away from other people
- Wash your hands as soon as you get home
There are some changes to essential services outlined below. For more information follow the link (in pink) to read all the council's information.
- waste services: garden waste and bulky waste collections suspended, household waste recycling centres closed
- school closures: closed until further notice, except for children of key workers and vulnerable children
- citizen service point: changes to some face to face services
- council tenants
- events: public events have been cancelled until at least the end of July (read the press release)
- libraries closed until 1 May 2020. During this time, we’re not able to accept returned books. Please do not leave them on the doorstep as they could be stolen or damaged with no one there to collect them
- museums closed until 1 May 2020. All events are cancelled until 31 May 2020. Enquiries service at Bristol Archives will still continue.
- register office
- funeral services
- leisure centres closed until further notice
- parks: a number of facilities and other services in the parks have been closed until further notice
- St Nicholas Markets: closed until further notice
Help other citizens
If you're worried about a vulnerable adult, submit a safeguarding referral online.
Help for you
There's financial help available if you've had an income drop as a result of COVID-19; including losing your job, losing contracts or your household income reducing because someone else in the household is self isolating or in hospital.
Be aware of coronavirus scams and overpricing.
Support for extremely vulnerable people
Register for support on GOV.UK if you have a medical condition that makes you extremely vulnerable to COVID-19.
Help for business owners
Find the latest information on support and advice available for businesses.
There's financial help and new business rate discounts available if you need support with business rates.