Local Covid19 support
Bristol City Council's free coronovirus support phone number: 0800 694 0184 (8.30am-5pm, Monday to Friday)
ACORN https://acorntheunion.org.uk/about/ or telephone: 07432473293 (for help with shopping, collecting medicine or other needs)
Local Mutual Aid support groups (check the map to find one in your area): Covid-19 Mutual Aid Group map or telephone 0794 223 5750
How the Covid19 voluntary aid system works
- Call Acorn or Mutual Aid
- An Acorn member of staff or Mutual Aid volunteer will ask for your name and phone number, what neighbourhood you live in, and a postcode.
- You will be asked what kind of support is needed (food/supplies delivery etc.) and how to pay if payment is necessary (bank transfer, cash, can't currently afford etc.)
- This information ou''ve given will then be passed on to a volunteer who will contact you by phone to double check what you need and to deliver support.
- The only information on the internet (most use Facebook) will be asking for a volunteer willing to help, the postcode and a descprition of what you need is. No personal information will be on public view.
- No face-to-face contact is involved. Anything that needs delivering will be left on the doorstep (or somewhere else) for them to collect.
- Volunteers have safeguarding guidance provided but no DBS (criminal record check)More.
Support and information for specific situations
- Watch Covid 19 information videos in 8 different languages
- Find Easy-read Covid19 information
- The National Domestic Abuse helpline has a free 24-hour telephone number: 0808 2000 247 (always call 999 if you are risk of harm or feel unsafe).
- Find detailed information about local mental health support and services on our mental health links page
- Avon and Wiltshire Mental Health Partnership have a 24-hour helpline: 0300 303 1320.
- How to get in touch with your GP during lockdown.
- Find out how to get emergency dental care
- Map of local community services open during Covid19 lockdown
Interested in community support volunteering?
Bristol City Council: registering to volunteer to help others: Help and advice when receiving or giving support in the community
Can do Bristol - volunteering hub: CanDo Bristol
NHS Responders: https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS